This unusual combination of ingredients works together as both a starter and a dessert.
1. In a small skillet over very low heat, sweat the onions in the olive oil for five minutes. Remove from heat and add the olives, orange zest, and chopped mint. Season lightly with a little pepper.
2. Mix together the two yogurts, honey, and Mastiha oil in a separate bowl.
3. To serve: Divide the olive-onion mixture evenly in 6 small glass serving plates or glasses and top with even amounts of the yogurt mixture. Garnish with mint and serve.
Makes 6 servings
- 25 gr. (about 1 heaping Tbsp.) minced red onion
- 20 gr. (about 1 1/3 Tbsp.) Greek extravirgin olive oil
- 50 gr. Greek olives, either small black olives or wrinkled black
- Grated zest from half an orange
- 5 mint leaves, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 130 gr. strained Greek yogurt
- 70 gr. sheep’s milk yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. Greek honey
- 3-4 drops essential Chios Mastiha oil or 2 tsp. home-made Mastiha-infused Greek olive oil
- 6 mint leaves for garnish