Messa Didima is a lovely small village very close to its twin village, Exo Didima. Its first actual foundation as a settlement dates from the Genoese Occupation (1280 -1320 AD). The old village was built around a prairie. Today’s central square and the village’s northern expansion belong to its modern history, after fear of pirates had been eliminated. In an area called Pigi, there are remains of Genoese ruins. The village-castle of Messa Didima used to have four gates, the village gate, Axaogiorgis gate, choriopigado gate and the Lower Gate. Agia Matrona monastery is situated one kilometre far from the village and has been very nicely preserved.